Lights are going up, Christmas songs are playing on the radio, and children are making out their wish lists for Santa. The Christmas holiday season is a nostalgic time of year and there are many things to like about the holiday. What do you like most about Christmas?
Our staff would like to share their favorite things about Christmas. And make sure to check out one of Dr. Simonton’s favorite recipes at the end. Yum, yum!
Our Favorite Things About the Holidays
Dr. Simonton-My favorite thing about the holidays is I enjoy that people get excited and being able to see joy in other people’s lives. Life seems to be less complicated and simpler as we focus on others and develop greater relationships with family and friends.
Dr. Shen-My favorite thing about the holidays is the mood, everyone is so happy and cheerful. I also love spending time with family and the delicious food as well.
Katelyn-My favorite thing about the holidays is the spirit of kindness and joy in our communities.
Katie-There are so many things about the holidays that I love it’s hard to come up with one thing. I love the music, seeing all the decorations, and the time spent with family and friends. But nothing compares to the magic you see in a child’s eyes when they wake up on Christmas morning. These are moments I will cherish forever.
Shela-I love the smell of food cooking and a house full of family and friends. The hustle and bustle of shopping and holiday décor and music. I love everything about the holidays!
Jamie-My favorite part of the holidays is all the waiting and anticipation. I love counting down the days to Christmas. The look on my kids’ faces when they open gifts. Giving to others is really the best gift.
Jen-My favorite thing about the holidays is family time.
Davina-My favorite part of the holidays is eating food and spending time with my family.
Ruby-My favorite thing about the holidays is being able to spend time with family and the non-stop eating.
Lauren-My favorite thing about the holidays is spending time with my family and Christmas music.
Halle-My favorite thing about the holidays is decorating my home and spending time with my family.
Angie-My favorite thing about the holidays is getting together and spending time with family and friends
Jackson-My favorite things about the holidays are spending time with family and giving gifts to others.
A Favorite Recipe from Dr. Simonton
Chicken and Dumplings
1 Rotisserie chicken white and dark meat shredded, and skin removed
6 Small carrots peeled and diced
3 Ribs celery diced (about 1 cup)
1 Sweet onion diced
1/2 Cup fresh parsley finely chopped
2 TB Unsalted butter
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
1/2 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Black pepper
4 Cups Chicken stock
1 Can Cream of onion soup you can also use cream of chicken or cream of celery
2 Cups All-purpose flour
4 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Milk
4 TB Unsalted butter melted
1. In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt the two tablespoons of butter and add the carrots, celery, onion, parsley, and all the seasonings, salt through pepper. Cook until the vegetables are starting to soften, about 5-8 minutes.
2. Add the cream of onion soup, chicken stock, and shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir well. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
3. To make the dumplings, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together the milk and melted butter. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together with a spatula until a smooth ball of dough forms.
4. Using a 1.5 tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, drop the dumpling batter balls into the simmering stew one at a time until all the dough has been used. The dough should make 15 dumplings.
5. Cover the pot and allow it to cook (without uncovering) on a low simmer for 25 minutes.
From Your Friendly Team at
Modern Care Endodontics