Patient Registration Area
At Modern Care Endodontics, we are here to ensure that you receive the best care possible and will be with you every step of the way.
Please take a few minutes to review the following steps prior to your upcoming visit. The online registration should take no more than 15 minutes. This important step will reduce your time at our office and make your visit a more relaxing and pleasant experience.
After initial contact with our office, we will email you a welcome letter that will allow you to login to our secure website and enter your information.
If we may assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to call our friendly staff or email them directly.
Thank you again for placing your trust in us and allowing us to partner with your dentist to provide optimal oral care.
Our team is dedicated to caring for you. See you soon!
Please be sure to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Any information given to you by your Dentist including the referral form and X-rays.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months.
- Drivers License or Photo ID.
- Insurance information, if you would like us to submit a claim on your behalf.
Traditionally root canals have gained a unpleasant reputation. However, at Modern Care Endodontics, we take pride in our advanced techniques and tools which allow us to virtually eliminate discomfort during treatment. We also take the extra time and effort to discuss and help you understand the rational of our proposed treatment, including any alternatives. Knowing your options can help put your mind at ease.
The main reasons root canal treatment may be required is to relieve your current pain and/or resolve infection. We strive to complete treatment in a pain-fee manner. We will take every step possible to ensure your visit is comfortable and the best it can be.
To minimize short-term discomfort and ensure long-term success for your root canal treated tooth, there are a few things we would like you to know and guidelines we ask you to follow:
- It is normal for your tooth to be sore following root canal treatment. The soreness may continue through the first week. Please avoid chewing on your tooth during that time. Healing will occur more quickly if you avoid irritating the tooth as much as possible. Biting tenderness may even last several weeks but should be feeling better by one month.
- Over the next 3-4 days, as the natural healing process is occurring, we usually recommend that you take Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) 600mg every 6 hours. This can be supplemented with Tylenol 650mg every 6 hours as needed. In most cases you should not need anything stronger.
- Usually a temporary filling is placed in your tooth after treatment. It is very important that you schedule an appointment with your dentist for a permanent filling or crown no later than 30 days from the time of treatment.
- We may request that you return to our office for a recall appointment to evaluate the healing of your tooth. Please come to your appointment to help us give you the best care possible and ensure adequate healing and long-term success.
Thank you again for allowing us to assist in maintaining your dental health. If you need anything, please let us know how we can help,
Your Team at Modern Care Endodontics
Modern Care Endodontics strives to deliver the finest care at a reasonable cost to our patients. The cost of root canal treatment may vary depending on the particular tooth and your individual needs. To maintain our quality of care, we request payment at the time of service. For your convenience we accept Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We also offer Care Credit, a separate line of credit for health care needs, as a way to finance the recommended treatment. Dental insurance is NOT required for treatment.
For those who have dental benefits, it is important to note that dental insurance is a contract between the patient and the insurance company.
If you would like us to submit a claim on your behalf, we will be happy to assist and help you collect any benefits available to you. We will make our best effort to estimate your owed portion as closely as possible. However, we can in no way guarantee payment by your insurance company. You agree to be responsible for all charges not covered by your insurance policy.
For patients who are anxious about dental treatment, we offer nitrous oxide gas.
If you think you may need more than nitrous oxide, please let us know so that we can schedule a consultation PRIOR to your treatment appointment. If appropriate, we can prescribe an oral medication that will allow most patients to feel much more relaxed.
Our office is located at:
18572 Joplin Avenue
Lakeville, MN 55044